Saturday, September 1, 2012

It's a good start for the month of September for me.

Today, September 1, was our Card Giving which was done a few hours ago. I didn't come with my mom to our school since I was still asleep. Well, half-asleep, actually. I kept turning sideways every 5 minutes; I just couldn't sleep well because I was so nervous and worried about my grades. I know I studied very well on my subjects, but what if it wasn't enough? My school's pretty strict when it comes to giving grades. Most of them, anyway. They say we're the ones giving them the grades, but sometimes, that isn't true. Okay, so after a few hours of turning and half-sleeping, my mom finally got home and woke me up. The first word she told me was, "Sayang." (Too bad.) I thought to myself, "Ohmuhgud, what is it? What happened? I LOST MY PLACE IN THE TOP? HOLY MACARONI!" Then she showed me the card. It said I did pretty good in Values Education, English, Social Studies and T.L.E./Computer. I needed to improve a bit in Trigonometry, Statistics, Chemistry, and Microbiology. Journalism was my highest. It's the first-ever subject that I've had in this school wherein my grade is higher than 90. Woo! Happy, happy, happy!

Then I learned from my mom that I was Top 4. Top 4 out of 48 students in my class! Can you believe it? She also told me that I could've become an honor nominee (or something I don't know what they're called) but the four subjects that needed improvement ruined my chance of becoming one. "But it's okay, we're still really proud of you," Mom said. "I called your dad and he was so happy of you becoming top 4!"

So, yeah. In the end, I'm happy of my grades. I thank God for giving me all of these awesome grades and helping me become top 4, even if it's only in our class. It's definitely a good start for me for the month of September! Hopefully, I will improve a lot more next quarter. With the help of my parents, my teachers, and my friends, I pray that I will achieve more than what I have today.

Until my next entry. -Alice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment